Are you tired of your current hair colour? Thinking of making a dramatic change by becoming a blonde? Choosing the right hair colour can be a daunting task, especially if you’re not sure which shade will complement your skin tone and features. Luckily, this blog post will provide you with all the necessary information to make an informed decision.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Hair Colour
Before you decide to switch from brunette to blonde, there are a few important factors to consider. These factors include skin tone, eye colour, and natural hair colour.
- Skin Tone: The key to selecting the right hair colour is to choose a shade that complements your skin tone. If you have a warm skin tone, consider shades of blonde with golden or honey undertones. If you have a cool skin tone, look for shades with ash or platinum undertones.
- Eye Colour: Your eye colour is another important factor to consider when choosing a hair colour. If you have light eyes, such as blue or green, a lighter shade of blonde may complement your features. If you have dark eyes, such as brown or hazel, a darker shade of blonde may be more suitable.
- Natural Hair Colour: Consider your natural hair colour when choosing a new shade of blonde. If you have naturally dark hair, it may take several appointments to achieve a lighter shade of blonde. If you have light hair, you may be able to achieve your desired shade with a single appointment.
Understanding the Different Types of Hair Colour
There are several different types of hair colour to choose from, including semi-permanent, demi-permanent, permanent, and bleach and tone.
- Semi-Permanent: This type of hair colour lasts for approximately 4-6 weeks and gradually fades over time.
- Demi-Permanent: This type of hair colour lasts for approximately 6-8 weeks and gradually fades over time.
- Permanent: This type of hair colour lasts until your hair grows out or is cut.
- Bleach and Tone: This type of hair colour is used to lighten the hair and achieve a blonde shade. It can be damaging to the hair and is best left to professionals.
DIY vs. Professional Hair Colouring
Should you attempt to colour your hair at home or leave it to the professionals? Both options have their pros and cons.
- DIY Hair Colouring: Pros of doing it yourself include convenience and cost-effectiveness. Cons include the risk of damaging your hair and the possibility of not achieving your desired shade.
- Professional Hair Colouring: Pros of going to a professional include the guarantee of achieving your desired shade and the added benefit of having your hair treated by an expert. Cons include the higher cost and the time commitment.
Blonde Hair: Maintenance and Care
After achieving your desired shade of blonde, it’s important to take proper care of your hair to maintain its health and vibrancy.
- Choosing the Right Products: Use products specifically designed for blonde hair, such as purple shampoo to eliminate brassy tones.
- Tips for Maintaining Blonde Hair Colour: Avoid excessive heat styling, protect your hair from the sun, and schedule regular touch-up appointments with your stylist.